who we are
In 1990, Robert Clark, M.D., opened Clark Eye Center. A few years later, Larry Stocker, M.D., a member of the first graduating class of Kresge Eye Institute (’45), joined the office. Specializing in LASIK and cataract surgeries, the Center grew its patient base.
In 2003, Steven Zeldes, M.D., purchased Clark Eye Center, becoming its medical director and surgeon. Today, Zeldes Eye Center serves the community, delivering quality eye care. Dr. Zeldes has many years of eye care experience, marked by a commitment to improving your life by improving your eye sight.
About Zeldes Eye Center
- 1990 -Robert Clark, M.D. opened Clark Eye Center. A few years later, Larry Stocker, M.D. joined the office.
- 2000 -Steven Zeldes, M.D. completes ophthalmology residency at Indiana University.
- 2001 -Dr. Zeldes finishes his corneal and refractive fellowship at Price Vision Group in Indianapolis.
- 2003 -Dr. Zeldes joins Clark Eye Center, becoming its medical director and surgeon.
- 2004 -Office name is changed to Zeldes Eye Center.
- 2008 -Michelle Frisina becomes office manager.
- 2011 -Dr. Stocker, age 93, passes away after practicing medicine more than 60 years.
Zeldes Eye Center staff is a family.
To join the Zeldes Eye Center team, or to find out more about job opportunities, please contact our practice at (248) 737-6955.
our doctors and staff
- As a testament to his dedication to patients, he personally handles pre-operative and...
- Rhonda Tarwacki is an ophthalmic technician and optician has been working for Zeldes...
- Michelle Frisina is the office manager and Lasik coordinator at Zeldes Eye Center,...
- From left to right; office manager Michelle Frisina, receptionist Carol McGahey, optician Rhonda...
Dr. Zeldes preforms surgeries and has privileges at the best hospitals in Metro Detroit: William Beaumont, Henry Ford West Bloomfield, and DMC Huron Valley.
Our patients are of utmost importance. We take pride in caring for the needs of each and every patient. From personalization to skill, we hope to make each patient feel like they are in good hands.
Our practice accepts most insurance options, so that we are able to provide care to each and every patient in need.Read More
Dr. Zeldes trained at Indiana University that ranks as one of the nations’s best hospital by U.S. News & World Report.
Fellowship-Trained LASIK Surgeon
Dr. Zeldes is a fellowship-trained LASIK surgeon. This higher level of training means Dr. Zeldes is one of a select group of cataract and refractive surgeons in the country who is able to manage both routine and complex refractive cases.